Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Jarrin!!

Blogging is like digital scrapbooking for me. I recently found a sense of fulfillment that I didn't expect while setting up this blog, the same feeling I get while doing traditional scrapbooking. I enjoy visiting our friends and families "scrapbooks" too, thanks for sharing yours with us!



Jarrin turns 9 tomorrow. We love birthdays around here and so we are very excited to make the whole day, "Jarrin's day". Jarrin brings an abundance of joy into our home. He is bright and sweet. He has become quite the artist drawing pictures of everything, some with kind or funny notes. He will spend hours sitting close to his dad watching Nascar or spend hours running around outside with his friends keeping a happy demeanor except when he's tired then he attempts the whinny voice with me...I said attempts :). Our motto for Jarrin is "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise". Jarrin can wake up as early as 5 and be asleep by 8:30 p. He stays quiet as a mouse to not wake up the rest of us who would prefer to sleep a little longer. We really appreciate that. We've had some moments where Jeff and I would wake up to his cute smiling face within inches/ centimeters of ours, with him whispering random thoughts or questions. It was surprising at first now we are used to it. Lately he is into spending time with his friends playing video games, swimming....without purple floaties ( the collins know what I'm talking about ) riding his bike at the skate park learining new tricks. Jarrin is a great big brother to Jaliece. They enjoy singing songs together, it makes my heart melt! Today he told me he wants to be a Nascar driver and a S.W.A.T. guy. I hope to persuade him in a different direction as both are very dangerous! Whatever he chooses to do, Jeff and I will support him 100% ......yes even if it is Nascar :) Jarrin and I are reading the Book of Mormon together. There is something quite remarkable listening to him learning about the gospel and watching his testimony grow. I treasure our time together.

Happy Birthday Sweetie!! Love, Mom and Dad and Jaliece

3 comments:

Rocky Rodens said...

Happy Birthday Jarrin-Have a great day! We miss you.
Love,
Auntie Bonnie, Uncle Dan, Savs, Park, Ella and Alison

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Jare-bear. We're saving the purple floaties for your next visit!
Love ya,
The collins Clan

Cieslak Family said...

Hey Guys!

We sent an egreeting to your email address, but it got returned as undeliverable mail. So I will double check your address. But we hope that Jarrin had a great birthday.

Stacie