**PICTURES added April 5
Jarrin has an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy scheduled for Thursday morning
(April 1)
Bowel Prep. Says to follow directions very carefully~ no worries there!
1~ Iron supplements must be stopped 3 days prior to procedure~ check, Jarrin doesn't take those
2~If pt is ill, clear liquids should be increased to 48 to 72 hrs~ check, already doing so
3~ No foods with red, orange, and purple food coloring or dyes~ check
4~ Jell-O, popsicles, chicken broth, water, and Gatorade green and yellow only (Jarrin does not care for chicken broth. He mainly has eaten ( sucked )on lemonade flavored popcicles and Gatorade. He hasn't had much of an appetite today anyway)
6 to 20 yrs of age:
Clear liquids 36 to 48 hrs prior to procedure time (8:30a April 2 )
Evening of procedure prep 6p: one 10 oz bottle of Magnesium Citrate (Jeff found a grape flavor at Walmart) with Jeff's experience the lemon flavor is intolerable (we went with the lemon flavor because of the purple dye in the grape. Even though I mixed half and half with sprite, it was difficult for him to drink because of the taste, yes I have pics.)
Here are the pics of Jarrin drinking the Mag. Citrate. Notice that at some point in the middle of all of this he keeps a smile and is trying to stay positive. Some of the expressions break my heart he looks so sad.
He said he needed his BMX gloves on to drink this nasty stuff, lol
10p: one adult fleet enema (I'm doing it at 8p. I know my child best. We will be up at 5 so the sooner the better)
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight
One adult fleet enema 2hrs prior to arrival time. Our arrival time is 6:30a (changed to 7:30a)
**A pediatric pt is put completely under for procedure. Jarrin made a comment that he would be happy to get some sleep. I wonder if his nausea keeps him up at night. I think it does. It still makes me nervous to hear him say that though
I stopped letting Jarrin have anything with red in it yesterday...just to be sure
_____________________________________________
~Jarrin seems to be doing much better overall. I even considered sending him to school today. His teacher has prepared homework and he has been working on it throughout the week. He misses his friends at school. Sunday, he was not happy with me for keeping him from home from church, Jaliece too. I just love my faithful little ones. I think I will go onto LDS.org and teach them their lessons so that they can keep up with the class.
~Jaliece started throwing up around midnight Sunday. It was the projectile kind, she didn't make the puke bowl but did manage to get the couch cushions. That's ok because I needed to wash those anyway...really :) They look so nice now, but back to Jaliece...she continued to puke once more about an hour later. While dry heaving she asked if I was going to call a profesional. I said I am a professional mommy and I will take very good care of her. She smiled, she's so sweet even feeling at her worst. Today she tells me her tummy feels upside down and this simply (sounds like she says simple) won't do and I need to make it better. She hasn't thrown up since early Monday.
K this is where I say what the ??? Why all this puking?? I am seriously going to scour my home from top to bottom. We all need to get outside or something geesh!
~Sunday, I sent Jeff to the instacare to have his shoulder looked at. For a couple of weeks he has had pain and swelling. The last straw was when it looked very swollen and very painful. The pain keeps him up at night. I control Jeff Narcs, he forgets and I want to avoid an overdose. This is good to do with someone who is depressed anyway. I still give him a sense of control over his meds but remind him when it's too soon. I gave him a low dose Narc and that hasn't helped. He was diagnosed with Tendenitis and Bursitis. Check out Bursitis.org. He was also put on Prednisone for 2wks. I know this med well. My mother took it for approx. 10 yrs. It is a very powerful and effective steriod, causes bloating most seen in the face and hands of pts. Long term use causes heart problems. With the new diagnosis, I'm wondering if his body is just falling apart piece by piece. He is overweight for his frame. Extra weight is very hard on the body. The three stress fractures on his foot have still not healed. Preventing him from doing the necessary walking he needs to do for his tummy. This snowball effect has increased his depression. He was able to do the dishes, I'm very grateful for that! His pychiatrist gave him some techniques for changing his sleep patterns. I look forward to learning about those. I also plan on having our family sit out in the backyard in the morning and feel the sun, eventually getting back to our family walks. Overall, I'm at a loss here.... one day at time right :) We are spending an amazing amount of time with each other as a family. Even with Jeff sleeping in the next room. I understand Life needs balance though, obviously this situation is not the ideal situation for all of us to be our very best. I trust my Heavenly Father knows what's best for our family perhaps we need more time with each other... ;)
~I worked a 12 hr day at UNLV on Saturday. It was UNLV's F.I.R.S.T. ( For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology ) robotics convention. Sponsered by NASA, High school children built life size robots that can hold balls and play games with other robots. Utah had three teams and I secretly rooted for them. The Woodscross team went all the way to the finals and they were rookies this year. Great job guys!! These kids were intense and of course super smart...smarter then me ;) There were mascots and each team made a button or pens to hand out to other teams and fans. We had quite a collection going at our table. No injuries happened at least with the kids, some adults needed bandaids, so it was a great day! I enjoyed spending the day with these outstanding youth and I'm grateful to have had this experience.









5 comments:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly! ;)
I'm so sorry to hear about all the sickness at your house. I only have one kid and I hate it when she's sick. I hope you guys all get better soon.
Bytheway, yes Danielle has an Epi pen. She's had it for about a year. At her 2 year old check up they'll check to see if she is still as bad as before.
that stinx that u guys are all getting sick! oh well maybe its for a good cause.
Not ALL of us ;) Thanks hunni! I do believe things happen for a reason and I'm very grateful to be a part of such a wonderful family, where we can support each other when needed.
Post a Comment