Fifteen years ago, I became a Mother.
Jaden born full term July 28, 1994 with dark red hair and blue eyes. He weighed 7lbs and was 19 inches long. He had huge kissable cheeks just like Jarrin and Jaliece. While only with us such a short time his Life changed mine and the lives of our family forever.
I learned to Give more, Pray more, and Love more.
pic of me at 8 months preggers
Jeff and I have been very open with Jarrin and Jaliece to the fact that our children have an older brother who watches over them and will someday get to see again. They complain, as young children sometimes do, that he should be here having fun with them and not in Heaven, in my heart I often agree. **on a side note Heaven is not Jaliece's favorite place these days after having lost her Grandma, her great Grandpa a turtle and an older brother. She's still confused at why this place is so much better then being here. Bless her heart. I obviously have some work to do ;)** Jaliece said today while I was looking for Jaden's baby book "oh great, he won't be able to eat his cake and ice cream", I quietly said no he won't. I know what you're thinking and no we don't do cake and ice cream. I bring it up and answer any questions they might have. As they get older the questions seem to get more in depth. It's a good way to talk about being together forever as a family and the living the gospel.
It still hurts but mainly on the date of his birth and the day that he passed July 29, 1994. The feelings that I have our centered around what it might be like to have him in our lives and what his personality would be like. The gospel brings me peace and I look forward to seeing my first born someday. I'm thankful that we are a Forever Family.

July 29, 1994 Jaden passed away. He was born with a genetic disorder call Craniosynostosis. His skull was completely fused making a normal delivery extremely difficult. He was delivered with the assistance of a suction cup. A couple of hours later he developed a bleed on his brain. Life Flight was called he was packaged and enroute to Primary Childrens Hospital when he went into cardiac arrest. While trying to resesitate him, an over aggresive or maybe even nervous flight nurse gave him to much oxygen and blew tiny little holes in his lungs. He passed away. It was the flight team standing shoulder to shoulder around my hospital bed that shared the news. I've never been angry and I chose not to bring it to court. With an understanding at the age of 19 that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of his children. I truelly believe and I know we hear this often but things do happen for a reason because of this great plan for us.
I went on to counsel and comfort other women who have lost children and I continue to give Bears to those who need something to hold on to as they leave the hospital...I sure did! I am extra mindful when I administer oxygen and I share my story when appropriate to other health care providers so that they can learn as well.
I am Eternally grateful that I can be a Mother and I think I will give Jarrin and Jaliece extra kisses today just because :)
** this is a pic of the original headstone. Four years ago I changed it to say Jaden Dale Donalson with a pic of our Saviour holding children on a beautiful dark stone with a hint of sparkle on a sunny day but I was having trouble uploading the pic today :(**









8 comments:
Oh Jen.....You are so strong. I read your blog in tears hoping that should I ever encounter something so ,,,,heavy...that I will have the strength of my visiting teacher :) Love you girl.
I've known that story for years and it still brings me to tears reading about it. You are so strong. I love you.
So beautifully written! I hope you feel him with you and what a great reunion that will be!
Thank you for sharing this story. I know that this, along with many of your other experiences is what makes you the amazing person that you are! His life touched yours, and now you touch countless others in all that you do. Love ya!
Jennifer, thank you for sharing your story! I know that things happen in our lives for a reason. You are so strong and I know that you give comfort to others who have got through the same thing.
Thank you all for the Love! I pray that you will never have to go through this. I feel that with the love and friendship that I've been so blessed with in my life, I've been able to heal and learn from life's difficulties, it just usually takes me longer then most lol! Love you girls!!
Oh, Jen. With tears in my eyes, I want you to know how much I love you and Im grateful to know you. You continue to be an example to me! Love ya!
Thank you for telling his story, I have a similar one. Our Spencer was born July 23, 2004 at 26 wks stillborn. I am touched that you are so open it is very hard for me. But the bear that I took home from the hospital sits on the table next to my bed and has been a huge comfort to me. Love you!
Post a Comment