Will I ever figure out how to balance home, work and just life? Some days are better then others and nothing has been forgotten. I would like to feel less stressed out. I've been struggling with prioritizing our lives. I think it happens every time we start something new. Jarrin is doing well in school. He missed Monday due to a cold but has bounced back nicely. He went to the truck race at the Las Vegas speedway last night with some friends of ours who had an extra ticket. He had a good time. Jaliece now has this same cold/sinus crap. She has a persistant cough that only seems to bother her at night, otherwise she is the same happy funny little girl. Jeff finally has a diagnosis that will be confirmed with some tests from UCLA Medical Center. I have to celebrate this for a minute......k I'm done :) We will get a referral to UCLA on Oct. 1. UCLA will also address Jeff's mass/tumor ( I suddenly hear Arnold Shwartzneger in my head )/naughty piece of tissue. We have been waiting to hear from our insurance company as to wether or not we qualify for financial help. Yesturday, they sent a nice young man to our home to document Jeff's illness. When he asked us what activities we were able to do or how our family has changed, I must admit writing all of this down on paper suddenly felt overwhelming to us. I hadn't realized just how much we have changed as a family. I have been trying to stay so positive and patient that when I was asked to specifically list what has changed I was a little taken a back. But I think honestly, for the most part our family has changed for the better. Some things I really miss like taking long drives and exploring around the city...just getting away for the day or being able to afford sending cards for everyone in the fam's bdays, little things. The church has been such an intricate part of our lives that we were able to share with this stranger how blessed we have been. This guy left our home saying a couple of times that he would pray for us. It was a humbling moment and I hope he left our home feeling uplifted. I have worked some events, a couple of boxing matches, motocross track, House of Blues, things like that. School is going well. In a week we will have our "stab lab" where we will start i.v.'s on each other. I really hope I'm good at this skill! I don't want my classmates to be upset with me :) Tomorrow we practice on plastic arms and become familiar with our equipment. Also, I am happy that I found a fingernail polish that will withstand frequent hand washing and latex gloves, it's by OPI....it's the little things. I haven't developed my film yet and I promise to post pics when I do. Have a great week!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
You guys sounds like you are doing well, I know it probably doesn't feel like it at times, but you have each other and that is really what is most important. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here. We could commiserate together.
I read this great quote out of the New Era this month and I wanted to share it with you because your always such an upbeat person. It's by Pres. Monson and it says,"If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues..." Keep your chin up and know that He is always with you!
Chantel, Thank you so much! Hey, you and I are going through some transitions with our families, we can get through our difficult stuff together! It will be awesome when Dan doesn't have to travel so far away. You are so strong and I am grateful to have such an amazing person as my friend :)
Amy, Thank you for that uplifting quote. That's so true! It reminds me that we have challenges to be strengthened. I love that I have such amazing friends like you to lift me up when I get tired :) I feel blessed to be your sister. Love, Jen
If you figure out how to balance it all, please fill me in! The one thing I always try to remember is that no matter what, you're never alone. That is such a comfort to me.
Also, I have subbed at Deskin. Is that where Jarrin goes?
Post a Comment