Last Saturday we were greeted at the BMX track by my Father and my niece Sarah. My Father was in town or close ( St.George ) for a water conferance. He brought Sarah with him to visit us YAY!
I've seen her twice in two years. Up unitl the last 3 yrs or so we saw each other about every 3months and she would stay for 2wks sometimes longer. Needless to say I was ecstatic to see her! We watched Jarrin race a couple moto's. I finally met the gentlemen who volunteered themselves to check out every racer who crashes. Turns out they are not medics at all but trained in CPR and first aid only. They seemed very happy to have me there as backup if needed. I put my name on the volunteer list and I suddenly switched from average mom ( k there is no such thing as an "average" mom, more like "super" mom ) to mom with skills, feeling very responsible for these children at the track. A little track history...they've only had one major incident in the last ten years. That means an Ambulance was called to transport. Otherwise, riders would crash, break bones and take care of it on their own time. So tough! In my oppinion, this sport is safer then football in that there is less chance of neck and back but more chance of ankle and collarbone injuries and the usual abraisons.
After arriving back home, Jordan ( nieghbor/adopted son ) was with us for the day and suggested we eat at Famous Daves, a bbq place..so yummy. My Father treated us to a lovely dinner..Thank you. The next day we had breakfast, Dad needed to get back to St. George and left shortly after. Jarrin became very ill with a high fever of 104 and a nasty cough. He was blessed with no throwing up..only dry heaving and no earache~the usual suspect. Sunday night was rough, poor Jare Bear didn't feel very good. I let him sleep in my bed just so that I could keep a close eye on him. Thanks Jeff!
Monday we decided to have a pajama day. We watched Kung Fu Panda, a movie I hadn't seen yet ~no time until now. I laughed so hard~ I think I was tired. My favorite part was at the end when master appears to be dying and says "I'm not dying you idiot, I'm at peace" I giggled the rest of the night.
Monday we decided to have a pajama day. We watched Kung Fu Panda, a movie I hadn't seen yet ~no time until now. I laughed so hard~ I think I was tired. My favorite part was at the end when master appears to be dying and says "I'm not dying you idiot, I'm at peace" I giggled the rest of the night.
On Thursday I got a call from my friend Jen who lives in Provo. She needed some R n R and asked if she could come down for the weekend. She arrived Friday night. With the kids and Jeff not feeling well, it was a very chill weekend. I think it's just what she needed.
At this point Jaliece is now throwing up ( I must say she has become quite skilled in using the designated "puke bowl", I've only had to change her clothes ) and has that Croup bark!! I HATE that Croup bark. Repiratory distress is the #1 reason children go into Cardiac arrest...not that she was going to, but this fact was in the back of my mind. Saturday, Jeff and our nieghbor gave her a blessing. Today, she is getting worse by not keeping fluids down as she should. She's not urgent care/ER bound yet, she's on the fence...I'm hoping and praying she gets better without all that.
Tonight, she is just so sick. She has spent the entire day laying with Jeff ~also sick~ or lying on the couch with me. Jaliece says the most grownup things when she is sick..kinda scary really. I can't remember even half of what she has been saying the last couple of days. I need to keep a notebook by my bedside. I do remember her saying to Jeff when he said "we are sick kids". Jaliece replied "you're not a kid dad, you are a kid at heart". WHAT? I thought where on earth did she learn that?? Despite my family not feeling well and I think I might have a slight cold~not going to admit anything more~ I feel happy and at peace. It doesn't make sense I should be anxious and worried but I'm not. I am so grateful for feeling at peace. I enjoyed opening up my home for my friend and I look forward to having a productive week...nursing my kids and hubby back to health.









1 comments:
That's always fun to have visitors. It's too bad everyone has been sick. We have all had the same thing here too. We are all on the mend, but it hit 5 out of the 6 of us and kept going in circles. It's been 3 1/2 weeks and I think we see a light at the end of the tunnel. FINALLY!
Post a Comment