Monday, March 16, 2009

Name that wrinkle

My hubby tells me that this last year has worn on me. Hmmm perhaps it has, as I look into the mirror. I have a new wrinkle. Usually it's life's major challenges that put those on my forehead, births (deliveries), deaths etc.. Jeff's illness has put a wrinkle on my forehead. It's a lifelong reminder that yes this year has been a challenge. If given the chance would I remove it? maybe??
I got my very first forehead wrinkle at 19 when Jaden passed away. At such a young age, I remember thinking awww how cute my first wrinkle. Now at 34 I'm thinking it's not so cute. But I do recognize the significance of it so maybe I won't remove it....yet.
I signed up for a shift on Wednesday night, a T.I. ( rap artist ) concert. I enjoy my job. It is how I treat myself for all my hard work. I doesn't feel like work to me. We need the $$ too. It makes me feel like I'm giving back to our community, by the way I think I'm falling in love with this place. It's been a long courtship. I've seen a different side of Vegas a side most don't get to see....those who know me well, yes I finally admit it, I like it here. So I will go and take care of others and hopefully prolong any more wrinkles.

**Jaliece update: still has nasty cough and slight fever, but...I think she is improving!

0 comments: